Thursday, May 22, 2014

Routine for Nathan

I forgot to write about my sons most recent routine check-up. He's fine, he's well, he's healthy and he is 5 years old. I don't even remember it was sometime in April, Friday before Easter that we made the journey again to Medical College of Georgia.

All my concerns for this child and I do believe he is now a normal five year old child with no delays. Many thanks to the other children/adults on facebook who also have hemihypertrophy and reassured me that Nathan was developing normally for a child with hemi and they also did the things he did.

Nathan does not have autism, but his paperwork says he does. I wish they would look more at hemihypertrophy and the development of the children with this condition rather than diagnosing them with what is common.

Nathan has NIMS, and no more tests are needed it is a simple diagnosis made by me. Nathan Isaiah Mullens Syndrome. We all have this syndrome we just need to rename it our name. Unique and created by God. Nathan is pretty amazing, created in the image of God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Amy and I too have a son with this condition. I would like to ask you a few questions about Nathan and his condition, if that's ok? Would you mind emailing my at amymarreroghaster@gmail.com to discuss this further? Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete