Friday, January 20, 2012

Today was Horrible

So today I decided to take a visit to my pediatricians office. I am now depressed and sick about the way things have been run and have to wonder how many other Parents go through such stupidity.

I have had two pediatricians for Nate. The first one was in Macon and the other local. Both didn't notice his leg length issue when I mentioned it. As usual they checked his hips, but no measurement of his length and width was ever taken on his legs. I don't know what to think, I just know I noticed this problem February 5th, 2009. Yes, the day he was born. I was blown off, ignored, by both pediatricians. I am the mother of five children a preschool teacher, when I notice something it is there. Excuse me why I vent. I am just baffled by the entire process and then how things can still be ignored. My son is almost three.

May 16, 2011 is when the leg length was finally noticed. What did my pediatrician say, "How did I miss that?" Well you did, you also don't know what hemihypertrophy is from my comprehension. I get that, I get that the leg length thing was slight and got worse with time, I get it and am thankful that I had two pediatricians that both didn't notice what I saw. Deep breath.... But why is my son not being seen every 3 months like other kids with hemihypertrophy, why isn't he getting blood drawn every 6 weeks like the other kids.....or am I not reading enough. I am tired. Tired of trying to figure out what is the right thing to do.

I lost it today, I didn't yell I didn't scream, all I could do is cry. As I drove to the pediatricians office listening to Klove All of Me came on and I am still a wreck tearing up.

I spoke to the referrals office. UGH they are the screw up and why I spent a bogus day yesterday driving to the wrong doctor. So while there I checked Nate's records. No mention of Hemihypertrophy is there, no notes given from the Orthopedic doctor to my pediatrician. So my pediatrician doesn't know about hemi from what I understand. And the orthopedic doesn't know about the Neurologist so they don't have each other to talk to about Nate......so this system is NUTS. There is no plan of action for this child, no study team to figure out what his problem is. Just doctors working independently.

I was right my referrals have to come via the pediatrician, the thing I didn't know is once that is done the pediatrician doesn't do anything he just sees you again later when you have an appointment. I am now wondering what this new computerized system is and thinking weird but maybe a computer can do a better job than these doctors at figuring out what the best course of action is. I am thinking some BONES thing where come the year xyz they can be looking at a virtual body in Japan for example and say yes we concur this is xyz and here is what we do for this condition.

So now I will call the Pediatric Orthopedic and hope I get some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment