Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Co-op Pre-school Class

Nathan now attends preschool for three year olds on Tuesday afternoon. He'll do this for a total of 9 weeks.

Yesterday was his first class. Did I mention, I teach this class from 1-2 and then from 3-4. We have 14 kids in this class. Really we have 12 but two were extras while their Mom worked.

We did circle time. Nathan never got to circle time. I didn't have time to discipline him as it would of disrupted a group of kids who are just learning about circle time. I called their names and tried to get them to raise their hands. Nathan never did this, like he used to for his old teacher. Maybe he only did this when he wanted something. I'll have to ask her.

We did playdough red and then yellow, tried to get the kids to make snakes and balls. Then had them mix the colors to make orange. Knowing tis the season for kids to be germy the playdough went home with them. I'll make new playdough for next week.


My favorite playdough recipe.

1 cup flour
1 cup salt
4 TBS Cream of Tarter
2 TBS oil
1 cup Water
Food color or kool-aid pack for color and smell.

Stir on stove cooking...be careful not to burn.


I attempted to read a story. This didn't go over well. By 2pm these kids should be lying down for a rest period many are still napping. I know Nathan fell asleep at 2pm-3pm. When I came back, we did playtime outside from 3-3:40ish....then a bit of sing, spell, read, and write...it worked but Nathan is not interested in learning. He did well to play and touch the playdough. He's clingy to me, which is fine.

Tomorrow he'll attend Classical Conversations and interact with other children. His older sister will be with him. I hope he behaves.

On Friday, I might meet with other Mom's of preschoolers for two hours. Today I am going to set up a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in his room and see how he does with talking about that. Perfect timing as I am done with my thoughts about this child and Mickey Mouse is just coming on television.

1:30 is his second speech class. Wonder what we will be working on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment