Saturday, May 26, 2012

MRI, Ultrasound, and Bloodwork

Wow, I like this!! Knock Nate out and get all the difficult things taking care of. They called on the way home from the appointment after the doctor order the procedures, this encouraged me, a no wait for the date. Turns out the woman who called could only give a sonogram date, so I had to wait a day for someone who could give both and ultrasound and a MRI, they'll also draw the blood they need to rule out a few things and find if he has any abnormal cell growth. July 6th, 2012 they will run a bunch of test to find out more about Nathan, I'll get to see his brain, his tummy will get a look at to rule out the Wilm's tumor, that kids with Hemihypertrophy are prone to getting, I guess it is official diagnosis, our son has Hemihypertrophy. His speech issues, his intelligence level is unknown. Our journey continues, but at least we are taking some huge steps finally. As a Mom, I sympathize and realize I whine, complain, and moan about something so minor, but major when one is used to having children that are healthy. Nathan is healthy, happy, and so much fun. The giggles, the kisses, the jump, jump, jump, the pretending and oh so funny acting out of Dora the Explorer episodes are so cute. He has the snap blocks and it took his sister explaining to me that he was acting out Dora's flute. I so comprehended his play, he's so adorable. What a funny guy. Tuesday starts a 2 week program of Dinosaurs at Preschool, I can't wait to take him to a local museum that has dinosaurs next week and see his reaction.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Susan! I know how you feel...I often feel awful for complaining about Caleb's tics because I know it could be soooo much worse. However, it's still not easy knowing that your child will never be "normal" again. Granted, it's not life-threatening in our case, but still...it's not EASY! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie, I'm going to blink and July 6th will be here. I'm already a bit emotional as to what will be found or said.

      Delete