Saturday, June 30, 2012

Another Journey, a NEW direction or a U-turn

I didn't know I was capable of so many emotions and frustrations until I was at Dick's sporting goods and got a phone call from the hospital in Atlanta. It really doesn't matter anymore, it all worked out for better than what I expected. It just was exhausting and emotional as once again the woman was informing me that my son would go under anestesia, yes I knew this and perhaps I've written about it, I was so happy thinking this time Nate would be gassed and then get his MRI. UMMM NO, they didn't do the gas...UGH WHAT?!! I KNOW I DOUBLE, TRIPLE CHECKED WITH THE DOCTOR...ugh. Needless to say, I was ticked but I cancelled the MRI.

An act of God that pushed me in a new direction, or an old one. Back to the doctor I had heard about in Augusta many times while I lived there, not sure why he wasn't my kids pediatrician except he must of left after Dr. Freeman did or before...anyway I found his name and found he had opened a new practice and (I am getting ahead of myself.)

First I called MCG and asked to speak to someone in the MRI department...took a while but I spoke directly to the person who monitors the kiddos while they are getting the MRI...and so it went. Yes, we do the gas on Monday and Thursday. I asked about Dr. Gett's ability to use the facilities, yes, he was there the other day or a patient of his was...okey dokey we are good to go.

Called the doctors office and spoke to them for a while and they could see me at 1:30 so I hopped in the car with all three boys, dropped my husband's car off at Groome and headed to drop the girls off at church and whew this is TMI and I am tired and rambling... Drove 3 hours to Augusta and me Dr. David Fisher, who spoke with me for well over an hour. Took Nathan's stack of paperwork and photocopied it....and said he's see him again on the 13th and blocked out an hour at least for his second visit.

Turns out Augusta has every doctor Nathan needs plus some others I hadn't heard about....okay health care that I already pay for here goes one expensive kid. We'll see if he ever speaks, reads, writes, life is interesting that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment