Monday, July 2, 2012

DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE HEMIHYPERTROPHY? MUST READ

> Tracie can I use this post on Nathan's Blog?? SHE SAID YES SO HERE IT IS. > > > > > I would go to a different doctor if your current doctor is not agreeing to > > the screening protocol. Hemi ( whether isolated or full-body hemi ) has > the > > same screening protocol as BWS does. I have been on these boards since my > > daughter was born 12 years ago, with both BWS and with hemi. Sadly, I know > > of a little girl, with "just" hemi, named Mia, who passed away from cancer > > ( Wilms Tumor ) as her parents did not follow the screening protocol and > it > > was caught too late. My daughter, Katie, also had cancer ( hepatoblastoma, > > liver cancer ) that was caught very early on by an elevated AFP level ( on > > the very same day that an ultrasound was "all clear" ). Katie was 5 mo. > old > > when she was diagnosed with cancer, and she is now 12 and has been in > > remission since she was 1 year old. FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDED SCREENING > > PROTOCOL TO A "T"!!!!! I am not trying to scare you, just reiterate the > > importance of the screening protocol. It is recommended for a reason, as > > these cancers are very aggressive and fast-growing if not caught in their > > earliest stages. > > > > Tracie

TO SAY GOD HAD ME READ THIS AT THE RIGHT TIME WAS YESTERDAY JULY 1ST.

No comments:

Post a Comment