Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Growing up

Yesterday, was your first day in the three year old program. Bye Mom, and a kiss, and off you went, no tears, just happy to be with your friends. Happy when your big sister picked you up. Of course you wanted to bring your snacks back home with you.

Speech Path called, and tomorrow they will evaluate you. Time to begin speech therapy. Actually way past time. I am just glad the cancer test that should of happened at birth and every 6 to 8 weeks after that came back fine. At least I believe that is what most of your friends with obvious hemihypertrophy had. Although yours is mild, my theory is hemihypertrophy also does something in development of the brain with some hemi children. You are one of them.

Although they have tested you for syndromes they will probably all come back negative. At this point I will stop testing. I will continue searching with Hemihypertrophy people until I find all that have/had speech issues and begin my own research. I know there are some. Why the development of speech occurs at such a drastic rate change in some hemihypertrophy kids is a mystery.

Tomorrow, I will also look at Dr. Duke's practice, if I can find it. This entire funky oxygen chamber sounds so weird but after the reaction your had to the MRI, I want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment