Saturday, August 18, 2012

Things that make you go HMMMM

Got a call from Nate's new pediatricians office in Augusta. They asked me if I had gotten any extra help for him OT, Speech Therapy, etc. etc. No, I am still waiting for someone to contact me. In the mean time, I've been annoyed by one preschool.Really put my son in the 2 year old program twice a week, NOT. I took my business elsewhere. Back to where he went last year, farther away and it cost me $40 more a month.

In reality my son should be going to preschool for free, most kids with conditions like his are going for free, but he must have all his shots like a regular kid. IDIOTS!! Yeah, that's intelligent, put something in a kids body with out knowing what's wrong with the kid first. There are conditions that shots annoy. Anyway I am just annoyed right now at the way things have been done around here. I realize the entire autism shot thing is said to be bogus, but I still question the titer thing. Why aren't they doing this with my son?? I'm still arguing but he does have all his shots for MMR. I let them give him one at the last pediatricians appointment.

I am wondering about this oxygen thing in Macon, Georgia. Dr. Duke from the medical college of Georgia heads it up. I want to find out exactly what they gave my son for that MRI. He put three words together that he hadn't before after it, and is doing somewhat better. Go figure, so many questions.

Anyway, they are scheduling me an asap appointment in Macon, Georgia. Once again I wonder why am I paying taxes for the FIND program?? Paying for Medical insurance and having money taken from our paycheck for a medical savings plan.....tax free but ummm my understanding is if we don't spend it by December 31st, it doesn't roll over, it just vanishes.

I yelled at some diagnostic company that had the nerve to call me with a recording. I had to star 69, to find them again because they didn't run the recording long enough to locate a pencil and paper. Then when I finally get them it is for a stupid $11 that my insurance didn't cover on another child, not even Nathan, but I try and get all information asap. I told them if they want their money they better earn it and call me with a human. Why is it that the only human being that calls these days is a tele marketer?

Kudos the Medical College of Georgia, I spend more time talking to humans with this hospital, that I am shocked, the adjustment in conversation is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to Dr. Duke? If so, good luck. While we liked her, I thought the price was a bit too much. She recommended supplements (which of course they sell), and we bought some. However, I'm lazy when it comes to being consistent. Caleb has had a really good spell of no tics for the past few months...I can't explain why. They're slowly starting to creep back up, but nothing major.

    ReplyDelete