Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Neurologist appointment

So far they measured his head after a few tries. Didn't bother trying again with the blood pressure cup. Measured his height. Weight he wouldn't stand. I like the mcg children's wing for the kid friendly areas.

Now I am home and typing on my computer. Whew I am exhausted, what a day. I got more accomplished with one appointment with this neurologist than his old pediatricians, neurologist, and geneticist. I am wiped out. Finally they took blood today to find out if there was any cancer, then they will run a sonogram Friday morning to make sure he doesn't have the Wilm's Tumor...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. One tired Mom here, and he took a nap on the way home....such a busy kid. gtg take care of him.

Cont.... Nathan and I met his new neurologist yesterday. He is way different from his first neurologist, what can I say, he knew way more about Nathan's condition. He didn't mess around he knew that there was a chance my son had cancer, he immediately order a test. He talked to me and then sent a nurse practitioner in to talk to me and to call if I had any questions.

Then the nurse who was excellent at taking blood from a child came in and drew blood. It took another nurse HERE IS MY FACEBOOK STATUS: I learned something today. Laying a child down to get blood from them is way easier than holding them in your lap. The difference between the two places and how they knew what would be easier was amazing. No problems today getting blood from Nathan Mullens His vein popped out and they got it on the first try. One nurse held his legs, one nurse held his arm and got the needle in first try....while I held his other arm and did very well also!!! LOL I have a thing about watching this type of stuff, not my thing.

THEN: I went out to the front desk and he had a few appointments ordered. Sonogram, Friday morning 9:30, yeppers those test the other parents had been telling me about, I didn't have to ask this doctor, HE KNEW THEY SHOULD OF BEEN RUN. No, more guessing if this is the right track, I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. Then ummm well good-bye to my Geneticist, this doctor wants me with someone else, who seems to know something about Hemihypertrophy, my brain was fried and tired, dealing with my son who was tired of listening to the doctor and turned his Ipad up to max....ugh. Arguing with a 3 year old in a doctors office once again.

New Geneticist appointment, and finally the MRI that two doc's have already scheduled but I didn't feel comfortable having those places run it. Good choice on my part, it led me to MCG and this doctor who did what should of been done according to other parents of Hemi kids a long time ago. Like I have said before every HEMI kid is different and my son's took a long time to be noticed because it is slight. Hey other Mom's if you see it, it's there, tell the pediatrician again, and again, and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment